Sinful Bread Pudding

Sinful Bread Pudding

Paula is at it again! She writes:
This is my very own creation. As I mentioned in a prior post, my dear mother is a HORRIBLE cook. She used to take a loaf of white bread and throw a couple eggs and a few cups of milk over it, bake it and call it bread pudding. It wasn’t until I grew up that I realized bread pudding is actually a very nice dessert.
Ingredients:
  1. 12 – 14 slices of Cinnamon Bread ( I have also used a French vanilla bread as well)
  2. 4 Eggs (separated) whites will be used as meringue topping.
  3. ½ Cup Sugar
  4. ½ Cup Sugar (for meringue)
  5. 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
  6. 3 Cups Soy Milk
  7. 1 Stick of Margarine melted
  8. 3 Teaspoons Cinnamon
  9. ½ bag of White morsels (white chocolate chips)
Directions:
  1. Break bread up into pieces about ¾ “ in size
  2. Place in large bowl and toss with ¼ cup of soy milk and melted margarine.
  3. Pour into 9 x 13 glass or ceramic dish.
  4. In a separate bowl, place egg yolks, remaining soy milk, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon.
  5. Using electric mixer, mix for 3 minutes.
  6. Pour over bread mixture.
  7. Sprinkle White chocolate morsels over it.
  8. This will cook in a water bath. Simply place ceramic dish into a slightly larger pan .
  9. Water should come half way up the side of the ceramic dish. This will make it custard like and keep it from drying out.
  10. Cook for 1 hour @ 350 degree oven.
  11. Place the egg whites in a bowl and mix with electric mixer. Start on low and gradually turn up to medium speed. Mix for 3 minutes.
  12. When they begin to foam a bit , gradually add sugar and continue to mix for 3 minutes.
  13. Spread egg white mixture over the top of the bread pudding and place in over for 5 minutes ( until the top slightly browns) this will happen quickly so keep an eye on it.
  14. Serve hot or cold.



A bit of work, especially separating the egg whites etc. and needs a bit of finesse (which I never have!) But well worth it. Delicious.

Posted On: Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen

Submit Your Recipe Or Story

Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen

The Chronicles of the Children of Heaven The View From Jerusalem T3 - Teddy's Techie Tips Cobwebs Of The Mind Help! I Have A Fire In My KitchenTeddy's Writing Mania


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baking Powder

Shrek Cookbook - Book Review

How It All Began...