Helpful Tips And Values Of Nutrition

And you thought Paula was just about cooking and recipes!
The following was sent to Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen by Paula and gladly posted here.


Helpful Tips And Values Of Nutrition

I have always preferred to try balancing with proper nutrition instead of using vitamins and other over the counter remedies for the needs of my family. Food naturally fuels the body with its needs. Knowing the benefit of certain foods is a priceless tool. Of course you should always rely on your doctor for health concerns. I only offer everyday ways to keep your family healthy and prevent certain ailments and promote natural healing.
  • For Beta-carotene:
    Orange squash such as butternut and pumkin.
    Sweet Potatoes, Spinach ,Broccoli, Berries ( also have vitamins A,C,E & folic acid.)
  • Vitamins B & B12 & Folate:
    Spinach, Peanuts, Whole grains, Leafy GreenVegetables, Eggs & Milk
  • Fiber & Iron:
    Legumes, Nuts, Whole Grains
  • Vitamin C:
    Oranges, Grapefruits, Strawberries, Green Peppers & Cabbage
  • Vitamin E:
    Peanuts, Sunflower seeds, Egg, Spinach, Whole grains, Vegetable Oils & Poultry (chicken and turkey)
  • Zinc :
    Fish, Poultry, Beef, Pork, Eggs, Cheese, Milk, Peanut Butter & Whole Grains
  • The following group help reduce heart disease, osteoporosis, and strokes. They also help promote and build strong bones.
  1. Carotenoid Lutein
  2. Vitamin C
  3. Vitamin K
  4. Folic Acid
    Foods in this category include the following:
    Spinach, Beans, Leafy greens, Kale, Arugula, Bok Choy, and Romaine Lettuce.


Thank you Paula for this Nutrition information. It is always important to remind ourselves about good nutrition and eating habits.

Posted On: Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen
Submit Your Recipe Or Story
Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen

The Chronicles of the Children of Heaven The View From Jerusalem T3 - Teddy's Techie Tips Cobwebs Of The Mind Help! I Have A Fire In My KitchenTeddy's Writing Mania


Comments

Congratulations on Blog of the Day Ted, you deserve it for making this a fun site to share stories and recipes.

Now that the holidays are OVER, I will have more time to bombard you with recipes and some wonderful humor, thanks to the sisters..

Popular posts from this blog

Baking Powder

Shrek Cookbook - Book Review

How It All Began...