Peppermint Cookies

Shrug does it again:
(You can visit her blog "Musings about Life"- It is new and serious. But if you want her recipes you better come here to Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen!)

Peppermint Cookies
(makes 50 cookies)

Ingredients:
  1. ½ cup butter or margarine (softened) - Butter makes it dairy, margarine keeps it Parve.
  2. 1/3 cup brown sugar
  3. 1/3 cup white sugar
  4. 1 egg
  5. ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
  6. 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sifted flour
  7. ½ teaspoon baking soda
  8. ½ teaspoon salt
  9. 1 cup chopped walnuts
  10. 12 peppermint candy canes (coarsely crushed)
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
  2. Lightly grease baking sheets.
  3. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars.
  4. Beat in the egg and the peppermint extract.
  5. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
  6. Gradually add dry mixture to wet mixture.
  7. Gently stir in walnuts and candy pieces.
  8. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets (maintain approximately 2" between cookies – these cookies do have a tendency to spread).
  9. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges of cookies are slightly browned.
  10. Allow to cool 2 to 3 minutes (should be still warm to the touch, but not hot), and transfer to wire rack (or clean paper towels, if you don't have a rack) to cool completely.



As usual for Shrug. Easy, Simple and Delicious.

Posted On: Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen

Submit Your Recipe Or Story

Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen

The Chronicles of the Children of Heaven The View From Jerusalem T3 - Teddy's Techie Tips Cobwebs Of The Mind Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen


Comments

B.E. Sanderson said…
One thing I learned the hard way while making this recipe, is that crushing candy canes by putting them in a baggie and hitting them with a wooden rolling pin will damage your rolling pin. Please be careful. After I saw the damage, I switched to using an empty pickle jar. (Which should work fine provided you don't use enough force to break the jar.)

Popular posts from this blog

Baking Powder

Shrek Cookbook - Book Review

How It All Began...