Shrug does it again:
(You can visit her blog "Musings about Life"- It is new and serious. But if you want her recipes you better come here to Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen!)
(makes 50 cookies)
- ½ cup butter or margarine (softened) - Butter makes it dairy, margarine keeps it Parve.
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sifted flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 12 peppermint candy canes (coarsely crushed)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly grease baking sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars.
- Beat in the egg and the peppermint extract.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add dry mixture to wet mixture.
- Gently stir in walnuts and candy pieces.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets (maintain approximately 2" between cookies – these cookies do have a tendency to spread).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges of cookies are slightly browned.
- Allow to cool 2 to 3 minutes (should be still warm to the touch, but not hot), and transfer to wire rack (or clean paper towels, if you don't have a rack) to cool completely.
As usual for Shrug. Easy, Simple and Delicious.