When we last left Paula our insane cook we ordered her out of the kitchen and into the shower. Well guess what folks? She is back! As this submission starts off:
Fresh out of the shower and back in the kitchen...
Insane, yet with a hint of Nutty
Every October I rally the sisters and their kids for a fun filled (often rain drenched) day of apple picking. My non-cooking sibs buy a tiny bag (holds about 4 apples I think) in which to let their kid’s fill. I buy 4 bushels.. Proof positive of my insanity. (Hey! She said it!!!) At the end of picking, my sisters go to the farm stand and purchase their pies. Guess where they shop when their pie is gone? You got it, my house. Pffffft.. Not me. I dig right in. Apple Pies, Apple Sauce, Apple Cake, Apple Crisp, Apple Turnovers. Well you get the picture.
And I use every last apple.
And Now For:
- 8 Apples – Peeled , Cored and Cut into slices
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Cups Sugar
- ¼ Cup Orange Juice
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 Cup of Oil
- 3 Cups of Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- Cinnamon and Sugar for topping
- Mix Eggs and Sugar with electric mixer until blended.
- Add orange juice and vanilla and mix well
- Add Flour, Baking Powder and Oil
- Grease Deep 9 x 13 Pan
- Pour ½ of Batter into pan,
- Place ½ of the batter in bottom of the pan, just enough to cover
- Place ½ the apples over the batter, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar
- Pour just enough batter to cover the apples, repeat apples and sprinkle then the rest of the batter.
- Sprinkle lightly with Cinnamon & Sugar
- Bake on 350 degree oven for 1 hour ( toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean)
Despite the baking..this is easy!!!!!!! Great Apple Cake - no real mess.