Patty’s Party Potpourri Chicken
Insane Paula and still cooking writes:
The humor never ends when you have sisters. Patty is my youngest sibling. Single, non-cooking mom. A couple of weeks ago, she called me on a Sunday morning. We chatted for a bit and she mentioned she was invited to a get together at a friend’s house and offered to bring something. Now I know that “something” means whatever I made for her. I asked her when the get together was, figuring I had a few days to come up with something. Will I never learn? “ It is at 2:00 today.”Ingredients:
Even with caller ID, I still answer my phone, another sign of insanity. I had made some roast chicken the night before and figured what the heck.
- 3 Cups cooked Chicken ( cooked in anyway works) Shredded.
- 2 Cups fresh Spinach, chopped fine.
- 2 Red Peppers, diced small
- 2 Cloves of garlic, chopped fine
- 1 Cup Shredded Carrots
- 1 Cup Celery , chopped fine
- 1 Bunch of Scallions, chopped fine
- 3 Tomatoes, diced small
- 1 Can of Black, pitted, Olives, drained and chopped small
- 2 Jalepeno peppers chopped small
- ½ Cup Olive Oil
Place all of the ingredients in one bowl and toss.
This dish is great as a side, served on pita bread or over rice.
Also you can add or exclude pretty much anything you want.
Even having to boil or roast a chicken, you are simply not going to get easier than this for a great meat salad or side dish. It is full of great tangy veggies and spices as well. Paula does it again, or should I say, Paula's sisters do it again!