Patty’s Party Potpourri Chicken

Patty’s Party Potpourri Chicken

Insane Paula and still cooking writes:
The humor never ends when you have sisters. Patty is my youngest sibling. Single, non-cooking mom. A couple of weeks ago, she called me on a Sunday morning. We chatted for a bit and she mentioned she was invited to a get together at a friend’s house and offered to bring something. Now I know that “something” means whatever I made for her. I asked her when the get together was, figuring I had a few days to come up with something. Will I never learn? “ It is at 2:00 today.”

Even with caller ID, I still answer my phone, another sign of insanity. I had made some roast chicken the night before and figured what the heck.
Ingredients:
  1. 3 Cups cooked Chicken ( cooked in anyway works) Shredded.
  2. 2 Cups fresh Spinach, chopped fine.
  3. 2 Red Peppers, diced small
  4. 2 Cloves of garlic, chopped fine
  5. 1 Cup Shredded Carrots
  6. 1 Cup Celery , chopped fine
  7. 1 Bunch of Scallions, chopped fine
  8. 3 Tomatoes, diced small
  9. 1 Can of Black, pitted, Olives, drained and chopped small
  10. 2 Jalepeno peppers chopped small
  11. ½ Cup Olive Oil
Directions: (duh!)

Place all of the ingredients in one bowl and toss.

This dish is great as a side, served on pita bread or over rice.
Also you can add or exclude pretty much anything you want.



Even having to boil or roast a chicken, you are simply not going to get easier than this for a great meat salad or side dish. It is full of great tangy veggies and spices as well. Paula does it again, or should I say, Paula's sisters do it again!

Posted On: Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen

Submit Your Recipe Or Story

Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen

The Chronicles of the Children of Heaven The View From Jerusalem T3 - Teddy's Techie Tips Cobwebs Of The Mind Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen


Comments

Thanks for naming this dish.
I had other names chosen but it would not have been appropriate for all :)

Popular posts from this blog

Baking Powder

Shrek Cookbook - Book Review

How It All Began...