Bean Sprout Salad

The following is Gillian's recipe (Food, Recipes & Little Known Facts From The Past) for Bean Sprout Salad.

Ingredients:
  1. 350 grams bean sprouts
  2. 1/4 cup green spring onions
  3. 2 tabelspoons salad oil
  4. 2 tabelspoons soy sauce
  5. 2 tabelspoons toasted sesame (just put the sesame seeds onto a tray and in a 350 degree F oven until golden - about 5 minutes)
  6. 1 tabelspoon granulated sugar
  7. 1 tabelspoon vinegar
  8. 1/4 cup red capsicum, cut into strips

Directions:
  1. Mix bean sprouts and onion in a bowl.
  2. Combine oil, soy sauce, sesame seeds, sugar, vinegar and capsicum.
  3. Mix well.
  4. Pour over sprouts.
  5. Toss before serving.



Easy salad. Only difficult part is making sure you don't forget the sesame seeds in the oven! Great for summer and winter.

Posted On: Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen
Submit Your Recipe Or Story
Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen

The Chronicles of the Children of Heaven The View From Jerusalem T3 - Teddy's Techie Tips Cobwebs Of The Mind Help! I Have A Fire In My KitchenTeddy's Writing Mania


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baking Powder

Shrek Cookbook - Book Review

How It All Began...