The following is Gillian's recipe (Food, Recipes & Little Known Facts From The Past) for Bean Sprout Salad.
- 350 grams bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup green spring onions
- 2 tabelspoons salad oil
- 2 tabelspoons soy sauce
- 2 tabelspoons toasted sesame (just put the sesame seeds onto a tray and in a 350 degree F oven until golden - about 5 minutes)
- 1 tabelspoon granulated sugar
- 1 tabelspoon vinegar
- 1/4 cup red capsicum, cut into strips
- Mix bean sprouts and onion in a bowl.
- Combine oil, soy sauce, sesame seeds, sugar, vinegar and capsicum.
- Mix well.
- Pour over sprouts.
- Toss before serving.
Easy salad. Only difficult part is making sure you don't forget the sesame seeds in the oven! Great for summer and winter.