This one is from Carole:
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup light molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cream together shortening and sugar, add egg and beat until fluffy.
- Stir in molasses and mix well.
- Sift all dry ingredients-twice, then add to molasses mixture and mix well
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon scoop out spoonfuls of dough and form into round balls. Roll tops of balls in sugar.
- Place the round balls on a cookie sheet, these cookies flatten as they bake.
- Bake for exactly 9 minutes in a preheated 350 degree (175 degree C) oven.
- Remove from baking sheet and cool
One for difficulty. Come on people. Great cookies and easy to make!