Macaroni Salad

Our Insane Cook Paula writes Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen:

After all the years of playing host to family holidays and gatherings, I was thrilled to be invited to my sister’s for a BBQ. She had just purchased a home for her and her son and wanted to host. YIPPPEE for once I could go and be a guest instead of having all the prep and cleanup. Oh for sure this was never going to happen. You see, Patty has all good intentions. A very kind, giving person, yet clueless.

First I was asked the basic “How much of this should I get? How many different kinds of food should I offer?” I offered to pick up what was needed as I was going to the butcher anyway. The next call was “Um, Paula, can you bring your grill? I don’t have one.”

Ok, I will bring the food and the grill. Gee it is nice being invited out for a change.

Then the eldest sister called to ask how to make Shish kebobs. Finally someone else is contributing. Yes there was another call and yes I still answered. “I don’t have any grilling utensils, can you bring yours?” Sure Patty, I will bring them. Thankfully, the phone calls stopped. On the day of the BBQ, I was prepared. I brought serving platters, a buffet table, utensils, grill, food and coolers. The grill was hot and ready for cooking. Patty gave me the honor because SHE DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO GRILL!!! Now thanks to Robyn’s Shish kebobs, we all had a great laugh as the skewers caught fire and disintegrated. Um, Robyn when you use wooden skewers, you’re supposed to soak them first!

Ah, what a host.
Macaroni Salad
This one is great for the summer as it has no mayonnaise.

Ingredients:
  1. 1 box Elbow macaroni
  2. 1 Bottle salad dressing ( I use a blush wine dressing)
  3. 2 Cucumbers, diced small
  4. 1 carton Cherry tomatoes
  5. 1 Cup Shredded Carrots
  6. 1 Cup Celery, chopped small
  7. 1 Can green olives, drained and chopped fine
  8. 4 Scallions, chopped small
Directions:
  1. Cook pasta according to package, drain and rinse with cold water.
  2. Mix all ingredients and toss with ½ cup of dressing and sprinkle with black pepper




Easy and simple. Less than a one actually. (Paula please bring all the food and utensils to my BBQ as well. Maybe I can be your long lost brother?)

Posted On: Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen

Submit Your Recipe Or Story

Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen

The Chronicles of the Children of Heaven The View From Jerusalem T3 - Teddy's Techie Tips Cobwebs Of The Mind Help! I Have A Fire In My KitchenTeddy's Writing Mania


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baking Powder

Shrek Cookbook - Book Review

How It All Began...