Paula must have been busy this Holiday Season. Here is a great Rosemary Chicken recipe as she writes:
This recipe is a great inexpensive meal and fairly quick to prepare. Sometimes I serve it with rice and vegetables. The vegetables can also roast in the pan with the chicken for added flavor. You can adjust this in many ways to suit your taste.Rosemary Chicken Quarters
- ½ Cup Margarine , softened
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Rosemary
- 4 Bone in, skin on , Chicken Quarters (3 ½ pounds)
- ¼ Teaspoon Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Thyme
- Stir together margarine, chopped rosemary and thyme
- Loosen the skin fro the leg and thigh of each quarter of chicken
- Without removing it, rub 2 tablespoons of mixture evenly under the skin.
- Place skin back over the chicken
- Place chicken in roasting pan and sprinkle with pepper
- Cover and chill for 2 hours
- Remove covering and bake @ 400 degrees for 1 hour.
- If you are adding potatoes or vegetables, melt the extra margarine and add the extra seasoning and mix
- Coat potatoes or vegetables in seasoned margarine and place in pan with chicken while it chills and bake together.
While Chicken is very easy this recipe does require some dexterity in the kitchen and dealing with the chicken. So I will keep it at 3 stars for difficulty.