Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Guess which Insane Cook who never leaves the Kitchen wrote this one!
My youngest sister is a single mom. I was at her home to baby-sit my nephew while she had errands to run. I told her that I would make cookies with him while she was out and to make sure she had what I needed. Well I opened her cabinets and found a jar of peanut butter and a box of cereal. That's it! Nothing in the way of basic staples. Of course she is a NON cook and this is fine with her. She is the one who shops in my cabinets when she needs something.

My nephew Brandon loves to help cook and was eager to pitch in. He walks to the refrigerator and offered me a roll of cookie dough my sister had purchased for us to make.

"Mom lets me slice them when we make cookies." I laughed and told him we were going to the store to buy what we needed to make homemade cookies, auntie's way.

He of course was covered with flour and a big smile. I loved the proud look on his little face when he offered mommy a homemade cookie. Of course she was amused that her "little secret" was out.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Paula's Oatmeal Cookies

Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen - Oatmeal Raisin Cookies


Ingredients:
  1. 2 Sticks (1 cup) Margarine, softened to room temperature
  2. 1 Cup Firmly packed brown sugar
  3. 1/2 Cup Granulated brown sugar
  4. 2 Large Eggs
  5. 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
  6. 1 Cup Flour
  7. 1/2 Cup Oat Bran
  8. 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
  9. 2 Teaspoon Cinnamon ( I use 3 because I love Cinnamon)
  10. 3 Cups of Oats ( the finer the oats the better the texture)
  11. 1 Cup Raisins
Directions:
  1. Mix Margarine and all sugars together until smooth.
  2. Add eggs, one at a time and mix well.
  3. Add vanilla and mix well.
  4. Add Flour, Oat bran, baking soda and cinnamon, mix well.
  5. Add Oats and mix well
  6. Add raisins and mix well.
  7. Dough will appear dry. Drop from tablespoon onto un-greased cookie sheet.
  8. Bake on 350 degree oven for 9 - 12 minutes.
* I use McCann Oats, they are finer than Quaker.



Good Cookies and easy to make. Teaching us the kitchen can be lots of fun too! Baking gives it the second star for difficulty - but you should really try it!

Posted On: Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen

Submit Your Recipe Or Story

Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen

The Chronicles of the Children of Heaven The View From Jerusalem T3 - Teddy's Techie Tips Cobwebs Of The Mind Help! I Have A Fire In My KitchenTeddy's Writing Mania


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baking Powder

Shrek Cookbook - Book Review

How It All Began...