The following is Gillian's recipe (Food, Recipes & Little Known Facts From The Past) for BALINESE AJAM GORENG - Fried chicken.
- 1 chicken
- 1 teaspoon garlic (or fresh Garlic ground up)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander seed
- 3-4 red chillies
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 3 teaspoon salt
- Around 4-6 Tablespoons of oil (Use Extra Virgin Olive Oil here if you can!)
- Chop chicken into pieces
- Crush garlic, coriander seed, chili, turmeric and salt
- Mix chicken and bay leaf with the crushed spices.
- Add some water to the mixture, then heat it is a saucepan until it is dry again.
- Fry the chicken in oil until crispy brown on the outside.
Basic Fried Chicken and if you are not used to the kitchen this is a really good way to get your feet wet and not worry. Two stars for difficulty cause of the frying.