Black Walnut Cake

Carole, a new contributor who is joining the ranks, has graciously allowed us to post this recipe of hers.

Carole writes:
"My mother in law gave me this recipe. It is probably my favorite cake in the world. I know a lot of people don't like black walnuts, myself included. I tried to substitute English walnuts, and it tasted wrong. The black walnuts are really necessary for the combinations to taste right. They sorta mellow during the baking process."

Black Walnut Cake

Ingredients For Cake:
  1. 2 Cups sifted flour
  2. 2 Cups sugar
  3. 1 Cup chopped black walnuts (reserve a little for garnishing the frosting)
  4. 2 eggs
  5. 1 teaspoon baking soda
  6. 1 large can crushed pineapple with the juice
  7. 1/2 Cup flaked coconut (or more, if you like it)
Directions For Cake:
  1. Mix all ingredients together (including the juice form the pineapple) until well blended.
  2. Pour into greased and floured 9X13 cake pan.
  3. Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes

Ingredients For Frosting:
  1. 1 large package cream cheese (the regular Philadelphia is great)
  2. 2 Cups powdered sugar
  3. 1 stick butter or margarine
  4. 1 teaspoon vanilla
  5. **optional-you can add coconut to the frosting, too
Directions For Frosting:
  1. Beat all ingredients together until smooth.
  2. **Important-Frost the cake while it's still warm.
  3. Garnish with reserved black walnuts.

This cake should be refrigerated. Found that out the hard way!



Can making a cake get any easier? This is the first of quite a few we will see from Carole's kitchen. Hopefully, we will get some yummy stuff from her. Gets two stars for difficulty (the reason two and not just one is because - yep you got it folks - you still got to bake it!) But this is really easy.

Posted On: Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen

Submit Your Recipe Or Story

Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen

The Chronicles of the Children of Heaven The View From Jerusalem T3 - Teddy's Techie Tips Cobwebs Of The Mind Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baking Powder

Shrek Cookbook - Book Review

How It All Began...