Statistics & Interesting Notations - Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen

Sometimes statistics really open your eyes to things; sometimes they just don't make any sense whatsoever to the logic in your own head. I have long given up trying to figure out exactly how certain "keywords" bring Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen up on the search screen, though in a convoluted sort of way - machine logic - I can usually get to the bottom of why one search term matched something on the web page that came up in answer for the search.

From time to time I spend a few minutes or so taking a look at the statistics for Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen. Mostly I am interested in just what interests people, what recipes or posts they are looking at, and what is the most popular. In other words by looking at stats such as these one can sometimes judge just what it is that browsers to Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen are looking for.

Below is a spreadsheet taken directly from the stats. I took out a few items which made no sense in the scheme of things and anything with Unique Views less than seven was erased. These stats come from Google Analytics about as trustworthy a source as one can get and include a period of 10 days.

The first line refers to all those people who ended up at the first page of posts at Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen. After that it is per page and which page got a unique view. In seeing what people look at you must keep in mind the following:
  1. The spreadsheet does not necessarily and in most cases will not have a unique view. As there are 15 posts on the front page of Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen it is usually a fair bet that most people read the most current recipes when they hit the first page and not go to that specific post. So you really cannot judge popularity by the Unique or Page Views.
  2. Unique Views work according to cookies (and IP's). Many users who browse from offices cannot allow Cookies on their machines. A lot of numbers get fudged that way.
  3. Remember also that javascript must be allowed in the browser in order for all the stats to be picked up. (Usually it is, but a lot of techies block javascript unless they know the source. FireFox has a great extension for this btw.)
  4. Some of the entries below are not Recipes or Pages, but Categories. Meaning the user clicked on a category to see all the posts attached to that one category. To do some really difficult log trolling one would have to sit over these numbers for hours to try and figure out what went to exactly where.
Most Blog and Web site owners are a bit paranoid about releasing their statistics. I can understand why. However in this case I think the result, if you are interested is interesting. Whereas it is logical that people would come to Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen to read about the "Kosher Kitchen" it is incredibly interesting to see which recipes over just one 10 day period received such attention. And again I remind all of the readers out there, that most of the "real" stats are hidden in the very first line.

Enjoy and let me know what you think!




Shop @ Amazon with Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen & Help People In Need

Shop @ Cafe Press with Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen & Help People In Need

Shop @ AllPosters.com with Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen & Help People In Need


Fifty Percent (50%) of all revenue of any product purchased through
Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen goes to help feed needy families in Israel. The funds are donated directly to the needy families - regardless of religion, race or creed. The remaining 50% will be donated to a Rape Crises Center for Women in Israel. (For a full explanation please read this.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baking Powder

Shrek Cookbook - Book Review

How It All Began...