Pineapple Cheesecake

Shrugged is back! Woohoo! And no less with Pineapple Cheesecake! She writes:
I created this recipe because I had too many cans of pineapple around the house and frankly, I got bored with making the same old cheesecakes. I've gotten into the habit of making my own crusts, but you can easily use a store bought one, if you don't have the time or the inclination.
Ingredients For Crust:
  1. 1 3/4 cups crushed graham crackers
  2. 1/2 cup butter or margarine (melted)
  3. 2-3 teaspoons white sugar
Directions for Crust:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
  2. Butter a 9" pie pan.
  3. Once your graham crackers are crushed and your butter is melted, throw the cracker crumbs and the sugar together in a bowl.
  4. Pour the butter over the crumbs and stir until all your crumbs are moistened.
  5. Dump the crumbs into the pie pan and spread them evenly across the bottom of the pan, making sure to get enough around the edges so you can press the crumb mixture up the sides of the pan.
  6. Bake for 8-10 minutes - long enough to set, but not long enough to burn. Allow to cool completely.

Ingredients For Filling:
  1. 1 can crushed pineapple
  2. 2 8oz packages cream cheese (softened)
  3. 8 T white sugar
  4. 1/2 cup whipping cream
  5. 1 egg
  6. 1 teaspoon brandy
Directions for Filling:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Drain pineapple using a strainer - reserve the liquid.
  3. In a large bowl, blend together cream cheese and sugar (using either a mixer or a food processor) until well combined.
  4. Add in the egg, cream, brandy and one tablespoon of the reserved pineapple juice.
  5. Mix until well combined.
  6. Fold in the drained pineapple until well combined.
  7. Fold the entire filling mixture into your crumb crust, smoothing it out so it's even.
  8. Bake for 30 minutes or until center is just firm. (Wiggle the pan. If it doesn't jiggle too much, you're probably safe.)
  9. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
  10. Once cool, transfer to refrigerator for at least an hour, and preferably overnight.
  11. Serve.
Baked Goods

Baked Goods Art Print
Buy at AllPosters.com

Once you read the directions it is not as daunting as it first seems. There are indeed two stages. Filling & Crust. As mentioned, you can buy the crust BUT it is so much more fun making it and getting flour all over the place and having to clean it up for days afterwards especially since you sneezed and it went all over the joint. Seriously folks, this is a good recipe. It is also fun to make with the kids when you get their faces out of the idiot box. It is also nice to have Shrugged back from her self imposed exile into the great yonder.

Posted On: Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen
Submit Your Recipe Or Story
Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen

The Chronicles of the Children of Heaven The View From Jerusalem T3 - Teddy's Techie Tips Cobwebs Of The Mind Help! I Have A Fire In My KitchenTeddy's Writing Mania


Comments

Sarah said…
I was desperate for a pineapple cheese cake( my daughter eats anything that has pineapple!!!) You have no idea, how much you have helped me with this recipe. Sending tons of Karma
Sarah
B.E. Sanderson said…
Thank you, Sarah. I hope the recipe works out for you, and I hope your daughter likes it as much as I do. (Although, my own daughter wasn't thrilled with the end result. She's more of a chocolate cheesecake kind of gal.)

If you have any questions, feel free to email me.

Popular posts from this blog

Baking Powder

Shrek Cookbook - Book Review

How It All Began...