Graham or Wheat Crackers

Looks like Paula has set up her bedroom in the kitchen. Here is a recipe for Graham or Wheat Crackers (depending on flour you choose). Oh, and by the way, ignorant people like moi need to know just what a S'more is. (So I hyperlinked it to Wikipedia.) Paula writes:
These are great for S'more's. After making the crackers, make sure you have chocolate bars and marshmallows.
Ingredients:
  1. 1 1/2 Cups White Flour
  2. 1 Cup Whole Wheat or Graham flour
  3. 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
  4. 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
  5. 1 Teaspoon baking soda
  6. 1/2 Cup shortening
  7. 1/2 Cup Honey
  8. 1 Tablespoon Molasses
  9. 1/4 Cup Canola Oil
  10. 3 Tablespoons Cold Water
  11. 1 Teaspoon Salt
Directions:
  1. Blend dry ingredients in a bowl.
  2. Add liquids. Stir to blend well and then stir for 3 more minutes.
  3. Divide dough in half
  4. Place the dough on 2 non-greased cookie sheets and flatten with a rolling pin into a square.
  5. Flour rolling pin to prevent dough from sticking.
  6. Score the dough with a knife into 2-inch squares and prick all over with a fork.
  7. Bake @ 425 for 10 minutes (until browned)
  8. While still warm, cut crackers apart, but let crackers finish cooling on the cookie sheet

Fenway Park Boston

Fenway Park Boston Tin Sign
20 in. x 6 in.
Buy at AllPosters.com

Fifty Percent (50%) of all revenue of any product purchased through
Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen goes to help feed needy families in Israel. The funds are donated directly to the needy families - regardless of religion, race or creed. The remaining 50% will be donated to a Rape Crises Center for Women in Israel.

This is easy and great for the campfires, for Television and just plain snacks. Since Paula is from Boston and an avid Baseball fan and such a great contributor I decided on the poster above. (Which explains why we have so many recipes because when season rolls around she will probably move out of the kitchen and into Fenway Park.)

Comments

Anonymous said…
My teeth ache just thinking about s’mores!
I’ve never made my own graham crackers so this looks really interesting! This past weekend I did buy organic graham crackers and made a pie crust using canola oil and maple syrup instead of butter and sugar. It was fantastic!
Ted Gross said…
Kathy it is great to see you here! For all of those who don't know, Kathy is the author of the incredible Food Blog StartCooking.com and also a finalist in the Bloogies - 2007 Weblog Awards for Food Blogs. Kathy's blog is really great with great photos and videos to boot! (Of course I peeked...sheesh!)

And Kathy...I love the Maple Syrup idea!

Teddy
Anonymous said…
Love your site; love your attitude; and really love the dark glasses! These Bloggie Awards have been such a great way to meet new people.
I wish I could take credit for the maple syrup idea but it was on the recipe on the back of the organic graham cracker box! I’m testing out some vegetarian and vegan recipes for the blog, and in the process, discovering all sorts of new stuff.
Ted Gross said…
Thanks Kathy. I happen to really like your site as well.

Now as to the dark glasses... it is my way of maintaining a semblance of mystery... Besides the kids would be mortified if they thought their Father was passing himself off as a cook! So I have to hide a bit... Hopefully when asked they can say, "My father? In sunglasses? Recipes? Must be his evil twin!"

:)
Ted,
Thank you for posting my favorite ballpark sign. If only the team was hiring a cook..

My apologies for not including information on S'mores.... I just assumed ( ass -u-med) that it was known to all chocolate lovers (I don't like chocolate)..
My daughter loves these and because I do not Have a Fire In My Kitchen , she uses the microwave.

Place a piece of chocolate bar on top of a cracker, top with a marshmallow, cover with another cracker. Microwave for 20 seconds
Deborah Dowd said…
I have never made graham crackers from scratch but these sound great, and I can only imagine the smell that will permeate my kitchen. As for s'mores, we have often made them camping, or toasted marshmallows in our fireplace for them. There are lots of great variations, too, like using Andes mints or peppermint patties, or Reese's cups instead of plain chocolate bars. (kids are a great excuse to at this stuff!)
Keep playing with food!

Deborah

Popular posts from this blog

Baking Powder

Shrek Cookbook - Book Review

How It All Began...