Honey Wheat Loaf Bread

In her free time (yeah right!) Paula sent this one in. I know that Shrugged is out there thinking up a cake recipe though...:)
This is a very easy, yet delicious recipe. I'm sure you're going to give at least a two in difficulty because it's baking... sheesh... please notice Only 2 Bowls are used for it... not usual for me.
Honey Wheat Loaf Bread

Needed Utensils:
  1. You will need a 9 x 5 Loaf pan
  2. Large Mixing bowl
  3. Small mixing bowl
Ingredients:
  1. 2 Cups Wheat Flour
  2. 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
  3. 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
  4. 1 3/4 Cups Buttermilk
  5. 1/4 Honey
  6. 1/4 Cup Melted Butter
  7. 1 Jumbo Egg (beaten)
  8. 1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts (optional)
  9. 1/2 Cup Raisins
Directions:
  1. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda and baking powder.
  2. In small mixing bowl, combine buttermilk, honey, butter and egg.
  3. Add to flour mixture and stir until just moistened.
  4. Add walnuts and stir
  5. Add raisins and stir
  6. Pour into Greased loaf pan
  7. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 – 60 minutes until toothpick inserted inside comes out clean

Shop @ Amazon with Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen & Help People In Need

Shop @ Cafe Press with Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen & Help People In Need

Shop @ AllPosters.com with Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen & Help People In Need


Fifty Percent (50%) of all revenue of any product purchased through
Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen goes to help feed needy families in Israel. The funds are donated directly to the needy families - regardless of religion, race or creed. The remaining 50% will be donated to a Rape Crises Center for Women in Israel. (For a full explanation please read this.)

Yes, it gets two stars cause of the baking and the toothpick! So there! Pay attention folks. This bread sounds great but it is "Dairy". Indeed as many people who shop for only Kosher foods know, many breads are marked with Kosher Symbol + a "D" for Dairy. When I was a kid I never realized bread could be dairy until Pop caught me and... well we will leave that memory for another time shall we? :) Go for it. This is easy - and if Paula did it in just 2 Bowls you know there is hope for the rest of us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baking Powder

Shrek Cookbook - Book Review

How It All Began...