Hey folks! Look what I found in my in box hiding away and all alone. I missed it. Another recipe from the Insane Cook!
Cream Filled Oatmeal Cookies
Cookies / Ingredients:
- 1 Cup Margarine
- 3/4 Cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Molasses
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Jumbo Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Cups Oats
- 2 Teaspoons Hot Water
- 2 Cups (7 ounce jar) Marshmallow
- 1/2 Cup Shortening
- 1/3 Cup Confectioners Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- In a large bowl, cream together margarine, sugars, molasses, vanilla and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients.
- Add the oats.
- Drop dough by Tablespoon onto an un-greased baking sheet.
- Bake @ 350 for 8 minutes or until cookies are just starting to darken around the edges.
- They will still appear moist in the center. Be careful not to over bake
- Cookies should be soft and chewy.
- While the cookies bake, prepare the filling.
- Disolve salt in warm water, set aside
- Combine the Marshmallow, shortening, confectioner’s sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl and mix well with an electric mixer on high speed until fluffy.
- Add the cooled salt solution to the filling mixture and combine with the mixer.
- Spread the filling over one side of a cookie, (the flat side) and press another cookie on top, making a sandwich.
Vitrine Lu Art Print
23 in. x 18 in.
Buy at AllPosters.com
Fifty Percent (50%) of all revenue of any product purchased through Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen goes to help feed needy families in Israel. The funds are donated directly to the needy families - regardless of religion, race or creed. The remaining 50% will be donated to a Rape Crises Center for Women in Israel. (For a full explanation please read this.)
Okay this is my weakness. No doubt about it. Reminds me of Oreos! OMG did someone say Oreos? Yummy cookies. What I like about this recipe is that it is Parve, though if you want to use butter instead of margarine - you will make the cookies dairy. Guess it depends on your taste buds too. Gets a 2 star for difficulty as you need timing here and baking. (So you cannot actually phase out of the world while doing the cookies, much like I usually do!)