Make Your Own Ketchup

The next 3 posts will contain Paula's submissions on how to make some staples for the kitchen if you get into the mood. They are good to have around in a pinch. She writes:
Yes you can buy Ketchup at the market. I have a child who uses this on everything and I find it’s easier to make a few batches and store them.
Ketchup

Ingredients:
  1. 6 oz Tomato Paste
  2. 1/2 Cup Light Corn Syrup
  3. 1/2 Cup White Vinegar
  4. 1/4 Cup Water
  5. 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
  6. 1 Teaspoon Salt
  7. 1/4 Teaspoon Onion Powder
  8. 1/8 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
Directions:
  1. Combine all ingredients in saucepan and cook over medium heat
  2. Whisk until smooth
  3. Bring to a boil
  4. Lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally
  5. Allow to cool completely
  6. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.

Budwiser History of Bud
Budwiser History of Bud Tin Sign
16 in. x 13 in.
Buy at AllPosters.com

This is easy folks, but I am still a fan of Heinz. What can I say? However, during those times when your nerves are really frayed, and you either are seriously considering running away from the kids, or want to make a go at your ex, because your ex-spouse found out you forgot to feed the kids or made them fend for themselves, well hit the kitchen and put away the ketchup for the next year. That way the next time the kids want to eat, just open the fridge and show them all the Ketchup you made and tell them to eat that on some bread! (If you try this let me know if it worked. My kids would murder me!)

Posted On: Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen
Submit Your Recipe Or Story
Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen

The Chronicles of the Children of Heaven The View From Jerusalem T3 - Teddy's Techie Tips Cobwebs Of The Mind Help! I Have A Fire In My KitchenTeddy's Writing Mania


Comments

Nice touch with the King of Beers (my brand BTW)

You joke in your comment of cooking to burn off frustration, however, that is exactly what I do when I get flustered. Insane yes, fun and productive, absolutely. It really does not matter why you're in the kitchen, eventually it will become a gathering place.

One by one your family and friends will find themselves there, picking at what you make, discussing their problems, fears or just keeping you company.

What starts out as a chore for some will most definately end with a smile.

Popular posts from this blog

Baking Powder

Shrek Cookbook - Book Review

How It All Began...