Honey Mustard Chicken

Paula sent this one in:
Ah the humor. I should be embarrassed really but after hearing this conversation
take place all I could do was laugh til I cried.

I cooked all day Saturday as per usual. Sunday, there were enough leftovers and I
took the opportunity to clean the stove, cabinets etc. My daughter and nephew
decided instead of leftovers, they wanted tuna fish.

Daughter - I'll mix the tuna if you open it, I don't know how

Nephew - Ok.. get me the can opener

Daughter - Um.. I don't know what it looks like

Nephew - Is is an electric one or a hand one

Daughter - ???HUH???

Nephew - You really should pay more attention to your mom.

Daughter - Don't tell her I don't know what a can opener looks like.. she will never let me live it down. She still laughs cause it took me forever to figure out the dishwasher thingy.
Honey Mustard Chicken

You will need: 2 Bowls and a Frying pan

Ingredients:

  1. 4 Boneless, skinless Chicken Cutlets
  2. 1 Cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs
  3. 10 Teaspoons Dijon Mustard
  4. 3 Tablespoons Honey
  5. Canola Oil for Frying
  6. Fresh Parsley
Directions:
  1. In a shallow bowl combine bread crumbs and 2 teaspoons of mustard
  2. In another shallow bowl combine remaining mustard and honey
  3. Dip Chicken in honey mustard mix and coat.
  4. Then dip in bread crumb mixture, turn to coat completely
  5. In a fry pan, heat oil
  6. Fry chicken until golden brown, approx 8 – 12 minutes
  7. Garnish with Parsley

Shop @ Amazon with Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen & Help People In Need

Shop @ Cafe Press with Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen & Help People In Need

Shop @ AllPosters.com with Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen & Help People In Need


Fifty Percent (50%) of all revenue of any product purchased through
Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen goes to help feed needy families in Israel. The funds are donated directly to the needy families - regardless of religion, race or creed. The remaining 50% will be donated to a Rape Crises Center for Women in Israel. (For a full explanation please read this.)

Chicken is one of those misunderstood dishes. It is fairly healthy and can be made in a million ways. I love making Honey chicken and the way Paula suggests combining the Honey and Mustard is a trick many cooks use in meat. It is one of those rare combinations that seeps into the meat and makes for an incredible taste. Parsley is also an interesting "spice". We use it in Chicken Soup (and I am going to do that recipe soon - and I know there are a million recipes for chicken soup) and in soups in general. I find, interestingly enough, that many people eat the parsley and not only look upon it as a "garnish" for beauty. I will admit I am not a fan of frying chicken, I rather put it in the oven, but this is a great recipe for a quick supper as well. Easy and to the point and certainly tasty!

Comments

This can be baked as well.. just that boneless chicken dries out quickly in the oven.
I would suggest one of two things if you prefer to bake:

Choose chicken on the bone and bake for 50 minutes

or.. if you bake the boneless chicken only cook it for 35-40 minutes.

As for the Parsley, I love colors and try to have greens,reds,and yellows present on the plate. Parsley is a natural breath freshener.
Stella said…
Hey wonderfully done. I love boneless. Will definentlty try this coming weekend.

Regards,
-Stella

Popular posts from this blog

Baking Powder

Shrek Cookbook - Book Review

How It All Began...