I stole this one from Deborah Dowd's - Play With Food Blog. Deborah is a regular commentator at Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen, and I love her philosophy on kids and food. I peek at her blog from time to time (shush..don't tell her!). I decided its about time to steal a few gems. This one is for Purim - with or without the alcohol. Actually it is for Passover and the whole year as well! But we just make this the official Purim drink of Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen. After all we can spike it galore and no one will know until they are passed out on the couch! Of course Deborah gave me permission to repost as she wrote:
As long as you provide attribution, I am happy for you to post my recipes. And the punch is really good... much better than the usual Hawaiian Punch type that is too sweet and too watered down. It provdies a great base and you can play with additions to change it, too.So here you go folks - I LOVE THIS ONE!
- 2 cups cranberry juice cocktail chilled
- 1 cup apple cider (you could use sparkling for extra bubbles)
- 1 package frozen strawberries, partially thawed
- 1 liter lemon lime or grapefruit soda
- Mix cranberry juice and apple cider together, stir in strawberries, and then slowly pour in soda.
- Mix gently together to avoid breaking all the bubbles, and serve.
Even one star for difficulty is too much for this. I love this drink because it is natural and really tastes good. If you are into alcohol then just add some good Vodka. I am going to make this on Purim. Going to spike the drinks, and make sure everyone walks out of my house, not knowing the difference between Haman and Mordechai. That will teach them! You got to love Purim!