Paula sent in this incredibly simple recipe for Macaroni & Cheese.
- 4 cups Elbow Macaroni (cook according to package directions)
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 Tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Once you have the macaroni cooked and drained, place in a large bowl and, while still hot, add the Cheddar.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and add to the macaroni mixture. Pour macaroni mixture into a casserole dish and bake for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Top with additional cheese if desired.
Simple. One star for difficulty. One thing I would add here. Lightly cover the bottom of the baking bowl with just a touch of Olive Oil. Macaroni & Cheese is a very well liked dish in our house. However, you can get fairly complicated with its creation if you wish to. Meaning adding different spices, cheese and/or different types of pasta sauces and experimenting with a whole range of veggies such as adding Broccoli or Spinach or the like. In our house the trick really is to get a Macaroni and Cheese dish that will have that kind of golden-brown topping of cheese (we call it the cheese crust) and most of the kids love to eat that. However, to get that just right you really have to know your oven and you must watch the baking process towards the end. You cannot overdo or undo it. Overdoing it will just cause burnt cheese on top (Yucky!) and under doing you will just have great Mac & Cheese but without the golden brown cheese topping. So be careful.