Food & More Food

You have to love the Internet at times. It never ceases to amaze me even after years spent as a CTO in high tech, as to the power of the written word and the ability to disseminate information. At Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen we have one totally insane cook of Boston Irish Catholic extraction sending in recipes for braided Challah and Sufganiyot. Paula blogs with poetry @ Poems of The Heart. We also have Shrugged who works real hard on her recipes to make sure they are "kosher" and have no milk and meat mixed together inside, such as her Mini-Frittatas recipe. Shrugged blogs very studiously as well over @ Musings About Life. I don't think such things should be passed over without mention. They show the true camaraderie and friendship of people when they are interested in something and respect one another. I never met either of these people.

Indeed I had no idea that Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen was chosen as a Weblog 2007 Bloggie Finalist in the Weblog Food Category until Talia, a friend from AW and with a blogging passion of her own (see: The Centre for Emotional Well-Being) posted a comment here. But then again I am usually clueless.

So today Deborah Dowd another new name left a comment in the post on describing how to submit a recipe or story to Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen, and now I discovered yet another "food" blogger who certainly likes humor. Her blog, Play with Food, is described as follows:
A blog for those who think food should be fun... for those who cook it and those who consume it. Tips, recipes, ideas and suggestions, links to the best ideas in food, best places to find food,and a place to find new ways to make memories with food whether you are a novice or an expert.
Yet another person who believes that the kitchen is a place not only to create good food (or bad, burnt food as in my case!) but also for memories and laughter.

Deborah in her comment brought my attention to the fact that the fairly famous Epicurious WebSite had mentioned Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen in the newest posting on Epi-log the blog of the editor of Epicurious, entitled: "We're Cooking Now". The editor, Tanya Wenman Steel, kind of liked "Teddy's Insane Laws For The Kichen". I kind of like them too!

So the wheel turns. From one to another and yet to another. Of course the other finalists in the Bloggies are also great professional food blogs. And let me list them here as well. I enjoyed each and every one of them, and all are professionally laid out with great recipes.
  1. Kathy Maister's StartCooking.com
  2. Mattbites
  3. 101 Cookbooks
  4. Smitten Kitchen
  5. Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen
The whole process is fun. You learn. You make friends and you share experience in life. Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen has really exceeded all my expectations. Now, back to the recipes. I don't want to get too mushy on you guys.

Sassy Chef III

Sassy Chef III Art Print
11 in. x 14 in.
Buy at AllPosters.com

Posted On: Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen
Submit Your Recipe Or Story
Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen

The Chronicles of the Children of Heaven The View From Jerusalem T3 - Teddy's Techie Tips Cobwebs Of The Mind Help! I Have A Fire In My KitchenTeddy's Writing Mania


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baking Powder

Shrek Cookbook - Book Review

How It All Began...