Maple Cake - Cake Recipe Contest

The Great Cake Recipe Contest - Submission # 2

Submitted By Manara - She Writes:
A sentence about my recipe: For those who LOVE pancakes, and crave it as dessert (rather than breakfast), well, now you can! Go figure, Maple Cake!
Maple Cake - The Great Cake Recipe Contest - Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen

Maple Cake

Ingredients:
  1. 3 eggs
  2. 1 packet (or 1 tablespoons) of vanilla sugar
  3. 1 cup of heavy (sour) cream
  4. 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
  5. 1/2 cup sugar
  6. 1/2 cup light brown sugar (demerara)
  7. 1/2 cup oil
  8. 3.5 ounces walnuts, finely chopped
  9. Maple syrup
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
  2. Grease up and flour either 3 loaf tins or 1 medium size cake tin (approximately 9 inch X 12 inch).
  3. Add all ingredients, except for walnuts and syrup, in a mixer until there's a consistent batter.
  4. Pour batter in tin(s) and sprinkle chopped walnuts all over cake.
  5. Bake for 30 minutes or until cake is settled with a golden brownish color.
  6. Check with toothpick.
  7. When cake is ready, remove from oven, and while it's still hot, drizzle maple syrup over the cake until it's glossy. (Not too much syrup because it's very sweet).
  8. Let it cool, and serve at room temperature. Enjoy!

Shop @ Amazon with Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen & Help People In Need

Shop @ Cafe Press with Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen & Help People In Need

Shop @ AllPosters.com with Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen & Help People In Need


Fifty Percent (50%) of all revenue of any product purchased through
Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen goes to help feed needy families in Israel. The funds are donated directly to the needy families - regardless of religion, race or creed. The remaining 50% will be donated to a Rape Crises Center for Women in Israel. (For a full explanation please read this.)

No ratings are given for entries into Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen - The Great Cake Recipe Contest

Comments

Amrita said…
We don 't get vanilla sugar here what can we use?

Please can you post a recepie for the traditional Jewish rice cake
Amrita,

I can't help you with the traditional rice cake recipe, however, I can provide the following for vanilla sugar.

It is fairly expensive to buy. The downfall of making your own, it has to sit for a few weeks before use.

I hope this helps.

1-2 vanilla beans, 1 airtight jar, and regular granulated sugar.

Fill the jar halfway with sugar. Cut the beans into 1 to 1 1/2 inch pieces and stick them into the sugar. Add sugar to cover the beans. Close the container and place it into a cool dark place.

It will be ready for use after 3 weeks.

Popular posts from this blog

Baking Powder

Shrek Cookbook - Book Review

How It All Began...