Submitted By Manara - She Writes:
A sentence about my recipe: For those who LOVE pancakes, and crave it as dessert (rather than breakfast), well, now you can! Go figure, Maple Cake!
- 3 eggs
- 1 packet (or 1 tablespoons) of vanilla sugar
- 1 cup of heavy (sour) cream
- 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (demerara)
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3.5 ounces walnuts, finely chopped
- Maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Grease up and flour either 3 loaf tins or 1 medium size cake tin (approximately 9 inch X 12 inch).
- Add all ingredients, except for walnuts and syrup, in a mixer until there's a consistent batter.
- Pour batter in tin(s) and sprinkle chopped walnuts all over cake.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cake is settled with a golden brownish color.
- Check with toothpick.
- When cake is ready, remove from oven, and while it's still hot, drizzle maple syrup over the cake until it's glossy. (Not too much syrup because it's very sweet).
- Let it cool, and serve at room temperature. Enjoy!
Fifty Percent (50%) of all revenue of any product purchased through Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen goes to help feed needy families in Israel. The funds are donated directly to the needy families - regardless of religion, race or creed. The remaining 50% will be donated to a Rape Crises Center for Women in Israel. (For a full explanation please read this.)
No ratings are given for entries into Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen - The Great Cake Recipe Contest