Since I just talked about my absolute horror of Cauliflower in:
Teddy’s Insane Laws For The Kitchen & Cooking - Rule #6 - Follow Your Taste-buds & Don’t Force Feed
This is where this recipe belongs!
Parmesan Cauliflower and Parsley Salad
- 1 Teaspoon Finely Grated Fresh Lemon Zest ( Lemon rind or skin)
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 oz White Mushrooms sliced thin
- 5 Cups loosely packed fresh flat leaf parsley ( 2 large bunches)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bunch cauliflower ( or 2 10 oz packages frozen)
- 2 oz finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Stir lemon zest together with lemon juice and pepper in large bowl
- Whisk in oil until combined
- Stir in mushrooms and marinate while pan frying cauliflower
- Lightly beat eggs
- Add cauliflower and toss until well coated
- Put cheese in large bowl
- Lift cauliflower out of egg mix with slotted spoon
- Add to cheese and coat
- Heat oil in a 10 inch heavy skillet over medium heat until hot but not smoking
- Pan fry cauliflower in 3 sep. batches turning occasionally until golden on all sides for approximately 3 minutes
- Transfer with slotted spoon onto paper towels to drain
- Add parsley and cauliflower to mushroom mix & Toss to combine
** I add fresh spinach to this dish as well.
Gets a rating of two for difficulty only because of the need to fry and there are a lot of bowls or containers you may need. However, this is simple enough, which from Paula is a gem - cause Paula usually cooks up a storm!
Don't Be Shy. Leave A Comment Below.