Sometimes it's the easiest things that no one seems to be able to find a recipe for. Here are a couple people might find useful.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 t. baking powder
- 1 t. salt
- ¼ cup shortening
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture is crumbly in appearance. Stir in milk with a fork until mixture holds together and forms a ball.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of dough onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until just golden.
For Rolled Biscuits :
- Follow recipe above but preheat over to 450 degrees F, decrease milk to ¾ cup.
- Roll dough out on floured surface until uniformly ½- ¾" thick.
- Use a round cookie cutter or a glass cup to cut out biscuits.
- Place on cookie sheet approximately 1" apart. (Do not grease baking sheet.)
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden.
Can one get a more simple, yet more elegant recipe? Easy, no great planning, not a lot of dishes to use. Simple. I love it. Shrug gets us into the kitchen and out of the kitchen as usual with swiftness and elegance.
Don't Be Shy. Leave A Comment Below.