Crust-Less Cheese Cake
- 1 ½ Cups Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 Cups (24oz) Ricotta Cheese (Strain liquid out first)
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 8 oz packages Cream Cheese Softened
- ½ Cup Butter Softened
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Cups ( 16 oz) Sour Cream
- 3 Tablespoons Flour ( all purpose)
- Fresh Fruit for topping ( you can use canned as well)
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, cornstarch, ricotta and lemon juice.
- Use electric mixer and blend until smooth.
- Add cream cheese and butter, mix well.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix on low speed just until it is combined.
- Add sour cream and flour. Mix on low just until combined.
- Pour into a greased 9” Springform pan.
- Place pan on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 70 -75 minutes until edges are lightly browned and top is dry to the touch. The center 5” will not be set, it will appear wet.
- Cool for 10 minutes
- Carefully run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen sides.
- Cool for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate overnight
- Next day, remove sides of pan and garnish with fruit.
Paula's recipes usually call for a fair amount of concentration and effort - but are well worth the investment. This one will produce a great cheese cake, though the starting out cook would be well advised to follow these directions pretty carefully. This is one of those cases where messing with the recipe can lead to disastrous results unless you know what you are doing!
Don't Be Shy. Leave A Comment Below.