Easy Marinated Chicken Wings
- 5 Lbs Chicken Wings (Frozen are less expensive)
- 3/4 Cup Melted Margarine - (Here Paula calls for Margarine - personally I would use Extra Virgin Olive Oil instead)
- 1 Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Dry Mustard
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice - Chinese Five Spice can be purchased. Originating in China, this spice mix combines equal parts ground cinnamon, fennel, star anise, cloves, and Szechwan pepper. It is often used in meat marinades and as a spice in barbecuing. (Mixed with ground salt, it makes a dip for deep-fried Chinese foods.)
- Mix all the ingredients and pour over wings.
- Let sit over night in the refrigerator (This allows for the sauce/spice to seep into the meat)
- Cook 350 degrees for 2 hours
Easy to make thus one star for difficulty. The trick here is the sauce. As noted above I would substitute the Margarine for Extra Virgin Olive Oil. The Chinese Five Spice can be purchased almost anywhere. Here is something you can play with too. The recipe here for sauce can be changed in a million ways according to taste and desires. In a later post I will deal with chicken wings at length and a few different ways to make them.
Don't Be Shy. Leave A Comment Below.