Low Fat Muffins
- 2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 3/4 Cups Oat Bran
- 3/4 Wheat Bran
- 4 Egg Whites (the yolks can be used for an omelet or another dish or you can purchase dry egg whites)
- 1/2 Tablespoon Baking Soda
- 2 Tablespoons Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Applesauce
- 1 Cup Skim or Soy Milk (Using soy milk keeps this recipe "parve"; using skin milk makes it "dairy - chalavi")
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup of Raisins or 2 Apples (peeled and cored)
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 1/3 Cup of Honey
- Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl and mix wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Combine both mixtures
- Place cupcake papers in muffin tin ( or grease muffin tin)
- You should get 12 muffins
- Bake on 350 degree oven for 10 - 15 minutes
- Individually wrap and freeze these if they will not be consumed within a day or two.
The only reason this recipe gets a difficulty rating of two and not one, cause it is really simply and sounds really yummy, is the need to separate the egg whites. This can be a daunting process for someone not used to doing it and who has two left hands. (Go ahead laugh at me. I am used to it!)
Paula, the Insane Cook does it again. And this time with a great, simple recipe.
Don't Be Shy. Leave A Comment Below.