A Comment From Paula Our Insane, Nutty Cook

Paula our Insane, Nutty cook sent the following in as a comment on one of the recipes, which was published but I liked it so much I am going to include it as a Post as well:
You asked for it Ted. On the weekends I generally spend 12 - 14 hours a day in the kitchen.

Excessive you may think but I love to cook.

I also have a thing about fresh ingredients and dislike to take shortcuts.

I prepare a lot of my week's meals and freeze them. Another quirk for me is my hatred of the microwave. Insane as you have tagged me is fitting.

Soon I will send you a couple of recipes for canning. Time consuming yes?Worth it? Definately.

A month ago, I spent the weekend making relish and applesauce with my uncles. It was probably one of the best times I have had in a long time.

Uncle Bob is a great cook. Uncle Sonny has set his kitchen on fire but bless his giant heart he wants to help. I let Sonny do the slicing of the veggies and kept him away from my stove. We talked, we laughed and made a mess.

I have always believed that some of the best memories are born in the kitchen.

You may think how can a person spend that much time in the kitchen. I believe that feeding my family and friends is "Loving Them". I took an interest in cooking early on out of survival. My mother and grandmother were HORRIBLE cooks. From package to oven and over cook everything, they called it cooking.
Don't get me wrong, I love them dearly and know they did the best they could.
Have you ever had boneless chicken breast that has cooked for 2 hours?

You don't want it. We were thankful for the cranberry sauce which kept us from choking down this delightful meal.

I will send more humor as I find more recipes for you.

Ted this site is awesome. I love sharing my recipes with someone. None of my darn siblings want them. They find it easier to call me and place their orders.
Send in your recipes and stories. Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen loves them!

Submit Your Recipe Or Story

Posted On: Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen
Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen



Don't Be Shy. Leave A Comment Below.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baking Powder

Shrek Cookbook - Book Review

How It All Began...