Fried Rice

Our Insane Cook Keeps On Going! - Paula just loves that kitchen!
(This can go great with Paula's Sweet & Sour Chicken)

Fried Rice



Ingredients:
  1. 2 Cups Rice
  2. 1 Cup Celery ( chopped small)
  3. 1 Bunch of Scallions (chopped small)
  4. 1 Red Pepper (chopped small)
  5. 1 Green Pepper (chopped small)
  6. 1 Cup Bean Sprouts ( cut in half)
  7. 1 ½ Cups Warm Water
  8. 1 Stick of Margarine (as usual Teddy's kitchen would use Extra Virgin Oil here and not margarine - but that is up to you.)
  9. ½ Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
  10. 2 Eggs Scrambled (optional)
***Rice is made while raw. Do not pre-cook.

Directions:
  1. Melt stick of margarine in pan (with deep sides) over medium heat.
  2. Add Celery, Scallions, Peppers, and Bean Sprouts.
  3. Saute until veggies become transparent or less crisp.
  4. Add Rice and mix well. Add water and mix well.
  5. Lower heat and cover pan.
  6. Checking rice frequently, cook until water is gone.
  7. Add Soy Sauce (and scrambled egg) and mix well.


What can be said? This will give you great fried rice. It is easy, and has all the fresh ingredients that make up a great dish. It is also healthy and cheap to make.

Posted On: Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen
Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen



Don't Be Shy. Leave A Comment Below.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Should the rice be cooked or raw?
Micky

You add the uncooked rice to the saute of vegetables. It will cook when you add the water and simmer it until the water is gone.
Anonymous said…
When I make fried rice I brown the uncooked rice in a skillet with a little oil first. (Careful cause this doesn't take long. You do not want to burn the rice.)Then I add my vegetables and beef or chicken stock and cover till the stock is evaporated and the vegetables are tender. Then I make a well in the middle of the rice and vegetables and I scramble the eggs. After the eggs are scrambled, I mix it all together. Try it. It's really authentic oriental fried rice. Enjoy.

Popular posts from this blog

Baking Powder

Shrek Cookbook - Book Review

How It All Began...