Our Insane Cook Keeps On Going! - Paula just loves that kitchen!
(This can go great with Paula's Sweet & Sour Chicken)
- 2 Cups Rice
- 1 Cup Celery ( chopped small)
- 1 Bunch of Scallions (chopped small)
- 1 Red Pepper (chopped small)
- 1 Green Pepper (chopped small)
- 1 Cup Bean Sprouts ( cut in half)
- 1 ½ Cups Warm Water
- 1 Stick of Margarine (as usual Teddy's kitchen would use Extra Virgin Oil here and not margarine - but that is up to you.)
- ½ Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 Eggs Scrambled (optional)
- Melt stick of margarine in pan (with deep sides) over medium heat.
- Add Celery, Scallions, Peppers, and Bean Sprouts.
- Saute until veggies become transparent or less crisp.
- Add Rice and mix well. Add water and mix well.
- Lower heat and cover pan.
- Checking rice frequently, cook until water is gone.
- Add Soy Sauce (and scrambled egg) and mix well.
What can be said? This will give you great fried rice. It is easy, and has all the fresh ingredients that make up a great dish. It is also healthy and cheap to make.