In a way I feel a bit funny about writing this recipe down. I mean, EVERYONE knows how to barbecue. Right? And it is truly easy. You don't get easier.
Of course you do. You take out the meat, chicken, chicken wings and dump them on the grill. Then you let the grill do the rest.
I am not saying this is a difficult recipe. Nor am I implying it is something out there. But I happen to know quite a few people who would not know how to do this if their life depended on it. And as I always say Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen is about REAL PEOPLE, REAL COOKING & REAL MEALS.
So what happens if the kids is in a really bad mood, (13 year olds get that way) and you really do not want to shop and cook up a storm, and you KNOW he loves the barbecue taste... but you really do not want to heat up the grill for a few pieces of chicken and just for two people?
What to do? What to do?
YOU CHEAT!!!! THAT IS WHAT YOU DO!
So we are having a really SMALL dinner tonight. Two people for the Sabbath Friday night dinner. And I really DO NOT WANT TO COOK TODAY!
So I go into my near empty freezer - dig out some chicken wings and some chicken legs that I bought frozen and let them defrost. Now comes the easy part.
- An Oven Pan
- A Big Fork
***All spices are from bottles - no fresh stuff. Of course if you want to work the week after Passover in the kitchen just go ahead and use the fresh stuff!
- Chicken wings, chicken legs, meat whatever you usually put on the grill
- Olive Oil (stop saying .. there he goes again with the Olive Oil!)
- Garlic Powder
- Chicken Grill Spice (Pick up in any supermarket!)
- Edited After: Honey
- Sprinkle the chicken pieces with the olive oil
- Now sprinkle that Chicken Spice very liberally all over. (It is usually an orange brown spice but you should have something FRESH)
- Sprinkle a bit of Garlic powder.
- Some Basil as well
- Pour some honey - just a bit on the chicken pieces...
- Lay them out in the oven pan and put your oven on 180° Celsius 350° Fahrenheit)
- Preheat the oven
- Let them cook 20 minutes and then turn em over and sprinkle the Chicken spice again - liberally.
- Your kitchen and house should smell of near barbecue chicken now!
Oh yeah! Did I forget to mention that I made rice too? My hot rice concoction! Well next time the recipe for this will appear!
Remember this is just for 2 people so not a great deal of food! (Thank GOD!)
This is the Chicken when dumped from the oven. Not laid out pretty. Sorry. No patience today!
And this is the Rice all alone. Not completely done. We leave a bit of water in it, as it bakes in the oven. (But that is another secret for another time!)
Even Paula will have to admit this is easy!!!!! Gets Two for difficulty cause you got to put it in the oven and watch the clock! Seriously easy. Seriously swift. Serious good. Serious way to stay out of the kitchen when you just ain't in the mood! (I forgot to put in the honey at the beginning. So those who have seen this recipe - add the honey as well!)