Paula writes for this one:
I have enjoyed trying to guess what rating our gracious host Ted will issue to my recipes. I am guessing this to be a two because of the prep work. Let’s see how close I am. This is best made ahead to allow the flavors to peek. It makes an excellent side dish to any BBQ.
Utensils You will need:
- 1 Large Bowl
- Blender (or mixer)
- 1 Head of Napa Cabbage, shredded (this is also called Bok Choy or any cabbage)
- 3 Onions , sliced thin
- 1 Carrot, shredded (should be approx 3/4 to 1 cup)
- 2 Tablespoons Soy sauce (I use low sodium)
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Rice Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Sesame Oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh ginger
- 3 Tablespoons Red Chili Pepper flakes
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric
- Place Cabbage, Carrots and Green Onions in a large bowl.
- In the blender ( or use an electric mixer) combine all the other ingredients.
- Pour over Cabbage mixture and toss.
- Chill for at least 24 hours. This can be made at least 3 days ahead.
Nope this gets a one star. Just too simple. Mess is with the blender which is really a no-brainer. This is for the cabbage lovers among us. However, if you do not like cabbage, what one can do is simply substitute lettuce, (Romaine Lettuce would be preferable here) and the salad will be a great one just as well.