When I saw this one arrive in the in-box I could not help but laugh. Paula is not only insane she has courage! Yeah right! Some Boston bred lady is going to tell the Middle East how to make real Hummus! This I have to see!
Hummus is incredibly healthy and a mainstay in the Middle East. I do not mind admitting there were many days that I lived on it as the only nutrition with Pita Bread. And Paula's recipe, is not so bad. Actually pretty good.
But Hummus with finger sandwiches? OMG.. you have to be kidding me! You dip your Pita in the hummus move it round and round with the olive oil and then eat it. Stuff it in. It is yummy and nutritious.
Finger Sandwiches with Hummus????
This is a great appetizer either as little finger sandwiches made up on a platter or served as a dip in a bowl surrounded by pita bread broken into pieces or whole grain crackers.Ingredients:
Tastes best when chilled for at least a few hours.
Note: The amount of lemon juice and cayenne pepper can be increased depending on your personal taste
- 2-15oz. Cans Garbanzo Beans, drained & rinsed
- ¼ Cup Sesame Paste (aka Tachinah)
- 1 Clove Garlic Minced
- ¼ Cup + 3 Tablespoons Lemon juice
- ¼ Cup + 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and purée until smooth.
- Scrape down the side of the bowl from time to time.
- Season with salt and cayenne pepper to.
- Chill for at least an hour or overnight.
- When ready to serve, drizzle 3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice and olive oil on top
Hummus can spoil real easily out in the heat and make you real sick if you are not careful making sure it is fresh. Oh and don't forget the FINGER SANDWICHES!
(Just buy some fresh Pita and eat it normally!)