Guess who's still cooking? Paula of course! She Writes:
I serve this with Cherries or Strawberries and whipped topping. You can frost it or dust it with powdered sugar as well.Chocolate Cake
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Cups brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup Dark Cocoa Powder
- 2 Teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 Cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1/3 Cup Canola Oil
- 1/4 Cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 Cup warm water
- 1/2 Cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 2 Jumbo Eggs @ room temperature
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and chips. Mix well to distribute and break up any sugar lumps.
- Add oil, butter, water, buttermilk, eggs and vanilla. Beat on low speed 30 seconds until combined.
- Scrape bowl well. Increase speed to medium high and continue mixing for 2 minutes.
- Scrape bowl well.
- Grease pan well.
- Spoon into baking pan and smooth top of batter.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes (until toothpick inserted at center comes out clean.
- Bake in 2 - 9-inch pans for 18-20 minutes or 24 cupcakes 12 – 15 minutes.
It is a cake so it gets a three. This is so not good for my diet! sheesh!
Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen is a Finalist in the 2007 Weblog Awards.
Click Here to Vote NOW until Feb. 2nd for Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen as the BEST FOOD WEBLOG OF 2007