You can use a regular waffle iron for this recipe as well. Belgian Waffles are thicker than traditional irons. I usually make a triple batch and freeze them. They can be cooked in the toaster. You can serve these with fresh fruit as a dessert.Ingredients:
- 4 Jumbo Eggs , separated ( let them get to room temp. to make it easier)
- 3 Tablespoons Margarine, Melted (Paula! BUTTER - BUTTER!)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Soy Milk (You can substitute real Milk here)
- Beat egg yolks on medium speed with electric mixer until thick.
- Add Margarine and Vanilla and continue to mix until well blended.
- Add Flour and Soy Milk and continue to mix until smooth
- Beat egg whites until peaks form
- Fold egg whites into batter ( use rubber spatula and turn it in gently)
- Cook on waffle iron according to directions until golden brown
- This usually only takes 1 – 2 minutes.
- Serve with fresh fruit or syrup
Yummy & Easy. Paula was trying to make this "Parve" by using margarine and soy milk. Forget it. Go for the butter & real milk!