Paula has been real busy in her kitchen.. so we are going to devote a few posts to the recipes building up. She writes for this one:
This is a great side dish and it's easy.Potato and Jalapeño Casserole Recipe
- 8 Potatoes
- 3 Onions
- Canola Oil for frying
- 6 Jalapeño peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 pound Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and slice potatoes and onions.
- Fry potatoes in oil in fry pan just until tender; drain.
- Alternate layers of potatoes, onions, jalapenos, cheese, salt & pepper in a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes
Frying and baking gives this a two star in terms of difficulty, but this is really simply and a great casserole.
Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen is a Finalist in the 2007 Weblog Awards.
Click Here to Vote NOW until Feb. 2nd for Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen as the BEST FOOD WEBLOG OF 2007