Paula Sent This One In & Writes:
This is a great, healthy snack or a quick breakfast. They store for a week in an airtight container. You can add or subtract ingredients to suit your taste. I omit the sunflower seeds and add dried cranberries.Crunchy Granola Bars
- 3 1/2 cups Oats (uncooked)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Combine first 9 ingredients in large bowl; stir well, and set aside.
- Combine honey, brown sugar and oil in a small saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves and mixture is thoroughly heated.
- Remove from heat
- Add peanut butter and vanilla, stirring until peanut butter melts.
- Pour honey mixture over oats mixture; stir well. Mixture will be dry at first; continue stirring until moist.
- Press mixture into a greased 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan or cookie sheet with low sides, using greased fingertips.
- Press mixture flat with the back of a wide metal spatula or spread waxed paper over mixture and press.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut into bars while warm. Let cool completely in pan
One of those easy to do great recipes. Needs quite a few ingredients but well worth it!