Long Grain Wild Rice & Spinach

Paula writes:
I have an evil tendency, but it’s for a good reason. Some of my hungry family insist they despise spinach and would never eat it. Yeah right! I say, if you can pass it off as parsley they will. This dish goes great as a side with Chicken or Fish.
Long Grain Wild Rice & Spinach

Ingredients:

  1. 2 Cups Long Grain Wild Rice
  2. 1 Cup Chicken Stock (homemade or purchased)
  3. 3 Scallions, chopped fine
  4. 1 Clove Garlic, minced
  5. 1 Cup Spinach, chopped ( make it look like parsley and they will never know)
  6. 1/2 Cup Shredded Carrots
  7. 1 Italian Green Pepper, diced
  8. 1/2 Teaspoon Fresh Basil ( 1 teaspoon if jarred)
  9. 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Directions:
  1. Heat Oil in deep fry pan over medium heat.
  2. Saute Scallions, Garlic, Spinach, Carrots & Pepper until tender, approx 5 -8 minutes.
  3. Add Rice, Chicken stock and stir until blended.
  4. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until liquid dissipates, stirring occasionally.
  5. When liquid is gone, add basil and stir.
  6. Remove from heat and serve.



When I was a kid I used to watch Popeye and of course got hooked on spinach for a year or so. When I realized spinach did not give me a Mr. World Body, I dumped it. Spinach UGH! But I rediscovered spinach in these past few years, and fresh spinach in many dishes is really good and tasty.

Posted On: Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen
Submit Your Recipe Or Story
Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen

The Chronicles of the Children of Heaven The View From Jerusalem T3 - Teddy's Techie Tips Cobwebs Of The Mind Help! I Have A Fire In My KitchenTeddy's Writing Mania


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baking Powder

Shrek Cookbook - Book Review

How It All Began...