Chocolate Cake

Guess who's still cooking? Paula of course! She Writes:
I serve this with Cherries or Strawberries and whipped topping. You can frost it or dust it with powdered sugar as well.
Chocolate Cake

Ingredients:
  1. 2 Cups all-purpose flour
  2. 2 Cups brown sugar
  3. 1/2 Cup Dark Cocoa Powder
  4. 2 Teaspoons baking soda
  5. 1/2 Cup miniature chocolate chips
  6. 1/3 Cup Canola Oil
  7. 1/4 Cup unsalted butter, softened
  8. 1 Cup warm water
  9. 1/2 Cup buttermilk, room temperature
  10. 2 Jumbo Eggs @ room temperature
  11. 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
Directions:
  1. In large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and chips. Mix well to distribute and break up any sugar lumps.
  2. Add oil, butter, water, buttermilk, eggs and vanilla. Beat on low speed 30 seconds until combined.
  3. Scrape bowl well. Increase speed to medium high and continue mixing for 2 minutes.
  4. Scrape bowl well.
  5. Grease pan well.
  6. Spoon into baking pan and smooth top of batter.
  7. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes (until toothpick inserted at center comes out clean.
  8. Bake in 2 - 9-inch pans for 18-20 minutes or 24 cupcakes 12 – 15 minutes.



It is a cake so it gets a three. This is so not good for my diet! sheesh!

Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen is a Finalist in the 2007 Weblog Awards.
Click Here to Vote NOW until Feb. 2nd for Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen as the BEST FOOD WEBLOG OF 2007

Posted On: Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen
Submit Your Recipe Or Story
Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen

The Chronicles of the Children of Heaven The View From Jerusalem T3 - Teddy's Techie Tips Cobwebs Of The Mind Help! I Have A Fire In My KitchenTeddy's Writing Mania


Comments

Casey Galatos said…
Hello Ted-Paula's used a very interesting ingredient-buttermilk in her cake recipe, which is indeed very unique. can u tell me how it helps the cake batter?-Regards, Casey
Some cakes call for shortening, oil or butter. I use buttermilk for this because it has less fat than it's counterparts. It also adds a nice rich, moist texture to the cake.

Popular posts from this blog

Baking Powder

Shrek Cookbook - Book Review

How It All Began...