Cabbage Stew

Another simple recipe from Paula:

Cabbage Stew

Ingredients:

  1. 1 Cabbage, cut into bite-size pieces
  2. 2 Quarts of tomatoes, blended
  3. 1 - 2 pounds ground beef
  4. 2 Bunches Scallions, diced
  5. 1 Red and 1 Green Bell Pepper, diced
  6. 2 cans kidney beans
  7. 1 or 2 cans whole kernel corn
  8. 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
  9. 2 Cup Worcester Sauce
  10. 1/2 Teaspoon Basil
  11. 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
  12. Pepper to taste
Directions:
  • In a 4 Quart pan, cook cabbage in water, being careful not to over-cook; drain.
  • In a separate pan, brown beef, scallions and peppers together.
  • Place cabbage, beef mixture and remaining ingredients together in the 4 Quart pan and simmer for 30 minutes.



Simple, easy and filling. If you are a cabbage lover this is for you.

Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen is a Finalist in the 2007 Weblog Awards.
Click Here to Vote NOW until Feb. 2nd for Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen as the BEST FOOD WEBLOG OF 2007

Posted On: Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen
Submit Your Recipe Or Story
Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen

The Chronicles of the Children of Heaven The View From Jerusalem T3 - Teddy's Techie Tips Cobwebs Of The Mind Help! I Have A Fire In My KitchenTeddy's Writing Mania


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baking Powder

Shrek Cookbook - Book Review

How It All Began...