Hummus

When I saw this one arrive in the in-box I could not help but laugh. Paula is not only insane she has courage! Yeah right! Some Boston bred lady is going to tell the Middle East how to make real Hummus! This I have to see!

Hummus is incredibly healthy and a mainstay in the Middle East. I do not mind admitting there were many days that I lived on it as the only nutrition with Pita Bread. And Paula's recipe, is not so bad. Actually pretty good.

But Hummus with finger sandwiches? OMG.. you have to be kidding me! You dip your Pita in the hummus move it round and round with the olive oil and then eat it. Stuff it in. It is yummy and nutritious.

Finger Sandwiches with Hummus????



Hummus

Paula Writes:
This is a great appetizer either as little finger sandwiches made up on a platter or served as a dip in a bowl surrounded by pita bread broken into pieces or whole grain crackers.

Tastes best when chilled for at least a few hours.

Note: The amount of lemon juice and cayenne pepper can be increased depending on your personal taste
Ingredients:
  1. 2-15oz. Cans Garbanzo Beans, drained & rinsed
  2. ¼ Cup Sesame Paste (aka Tachinah)
  3. 1 Clove Garlic Minced
  4. ¼ Cup + 3 Tablespoons Lemon juice
  5. ¼ Cup + 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
  6. 1 Teaspoon of Salt
  7. 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
  8. 1 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
Directions:
  1. Place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and purée until smooth.
  2. Scrape down the side of the bowl from time to time.
  3. Season with salt and cayenne pepper to.
  4. Chill for at least an hour or overnight.
  5. When ready to serve, drizzle 3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice and olive oil on top



Hummus can spoil real easily out in the heat and make you real sick if you are not careful making sure it is fresh. Oh and don't forget the FINGER SANDWICHES!

(Just buy some fresh Pita and eat it normally!)

Posted On: Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen
Submit Your Recipe Or Story
Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen

The Chronicles of the Children of Heaven The View From Jerusalem T3 - Teddy's Techie Tips Cobwebs Of The Mind Help! I Have A Fire In My KitchenTeddy's Writing Mania


Comments

Glad to make you laugh.. laughter is good. The Shamrock on the beer mug was a nice touch.

Sheesh.. I am insane.. But.. rye bread or pumpernickel is great with this.

As for spoiling, I place the bowl of Hummus is a larger bowl filled with ice to keep it chilled.
I've found hummus is pretty easy to make and delicious as well. I'm glad to see you've gotten the hang of it too, man; good luck with everything else in your life.

Popular posts from this blog

Baking Powder

Shrek Cookbook - Book Review

How It All Began...