Crunchy Granola Bars

Paula Sent This One In & Writes:
This is a great, healthy snack or a quick breakfast. They store for a week in an airtight container. You can add or subtract ingredients to suit your taste. I omit the sunflower seeds and add dried cranberries.
Crunchy Granola Bars

Ingredients:
  1. 3 1/2 cups Oats (uncooked)
  2. 1 cup raisins
  3. 1/2 cup flaked coconut
  4. 1/2 cup sliced almonds
  5. 1/2 cup wheat germ
  6. 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cashews
  7. 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
  8. 1/4 cup sesame seeds
  9. 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
  10. 1/2 cup honey
  11. 1/4 cup brown sugar
  12. 1/4 cup canola oil
  13. 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
  14. 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
Directions:
  1. Combine first 9 ingredients in large bowl; stir well, and set aside.
  2. Combine honey, brown sugar and oil in a small saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves and mixture is thoroughly heated.
  3. Remove from heat
  4. Add peanut butter and vanilla, stirring until peanut butter melts.
  5. Pour honey mixture over oats mixture; stir well. Mixture will be dry at first; continue stirring until moist.
  6. Press mixture into a greased 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan or cookie sheet with low sides, using greased fingertips.
  7. Press mixture flat with the back of a wide metal spatula or spread waxed paper over mixture and press.
  8. Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until golden brown.
  9. Cut into bars while warm. Let cool completely in pan



One of those easy to do great recipes. Needs quite a few ingredients but well worth it!

Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen is a Finalist in the 2007 Weblog Awards.
Click Here to Vote NOW until Feb. 2nd for Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen as the BEST FOOD WEBLOG OF 2007!

Posted On: Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen
Submit Your Recipe Or Story
Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen

The Chronicles of the Children of Heaven The View From Jerusalem T3 - Teddy's Techie Tips Cobwebs Of The Mind Help! I Have A Fire In My KitchenTeddy's Writing Mania


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baking Powder

Shrek Cookbook - Book Review

How It All Began...