Sometimes you just don't have the time, the inclination, or the money to put together a cake worthy of a special occasion. When you're up against it, try this:
- 1 Large Bowl
- Measuring Cups
- Electric Mixer
- 9x13" cake pan
- 1 box Devil's Food Cake mix
- Water, Eggs, and/or Oil (according to the directions on the box)
- 2 cans cherry pie filling
- 1 tub whipped cream (store bought)
- Make cake according to directions.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Cover cake with cherry pie filling - spread as evenly as possible.
- Cover cherries with whipped topping - spread as evenly as possible.
- Refrigerate for at least a couple hours.
- Slice and serve.
- Store refrigerated so the whipped cream doesn't separate.
Fifty Percent (50%) of all revenue of any product purchased through Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen goes to help feed needy families in Israel. The funds are donated directly to the needy families - regardless of religion, race or creed. The remaining 50% will be donated to a Rape Crises Center for Women in Israel. (For a full explanation please read this.)
No ratings are given for entries into Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen - The Great Cake Recipe Contest - No doubt a totally different perspective on baking! (If the whipped cream and Devil's Food Mix is Parve you can keep this Parve.)