Linguine With Fresh Tomatoes

Paula is getting ready for the weekend and St. Patrick's Day so we get ever more recipes. She writes for this one:
This side dish goes great with chicken or fish. Of course according to a certain teen, it’s great right out of the fridge, cold the next day.
Linguine With Fresh Tomatoes

You will need (Utensils):
  1. 1 Large pot to cook pasta
  2. 1 Medium bowl
  3. 1 Spoon
  4. 1 Serving dish
Ingredients:
  1. 1 Pound Fresh Linguine Pasta (cooked)
  2. 4 Large Tomatoes (diced)
  3. 3 Tablespoons Fresh Basil (chopped)
  4. 2 Cloves Garlic (minced, chopped fine)
  5. 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper (fresh is best)
  6. 1/4 Cup Olive Oil

Pictures of Linguine Pasta

Linguine Pasta - Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen Linguine Pasta - Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen


Directions:
  1. Combine tomatoes, basil, garlic, pepper and olive oil
  2. Toss
  3. Pour over hot linguine
  4. Serve

Shop @ Amazon with Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen & Help People In Need

Shop @ Cafe Press with Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen & Help People In Need

Shop @ AllPosters.com with Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen & Help People In Need


Fifty Percent (50%) of all revenue of any product purchased through
Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen goes to help feed needy families in Israel. The funds are donated directly to the needy families - regardless of religion, race or creed. The remaining 50% will be donated to a Rape Crises Center for Women in Israel. (For a full explanation please read this.)

(Paula writes 1 Pound Fresh Linguine Pasta - cooked. Bear that in mind. This is to make the sauce. She assumes we know how to make the pasta!) This is a one for difficulty even if you do have to cook the Pasta!

As to Pasta itself. This could probably be one of the most confusing things to the "new" cook. Pasta is used as a "descriptor" and a "name" of many really different dishes. There are many different types of "pasta", many shapes, many tastes (spinach etc.). We are going to cover all this in a separate post devoted to Pasta.

Comments

I apologize, I should have stated according to directions. Of course boxed pasta will cook longer than fresh. Fresh Linguine takes approx 1 minute in boiling water, whereas boxed pasta will take approx 9 - 12 minutes.

Popular posts from this blog

Baking Powder

Shrek Cookbook - Book Review

How It All Began...