Sour Cream Coffee Cake - Cake Recipe Contest

Paula submitted this to the The Great Cake Recipe Contest.


The Great Cake Recipe Contest - Submission # 6

Sour Cream Coffee Cake


Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen - Sour Cream Coffee Cake


Ingredients:
  1. 2 Sticks of Butter ( softened)
  2. 2 Cups of Sugar
  3. 2 Jumbo Eggs
  4. 4 Cups of Flour
  5. 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
  6. 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
  7. 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
  8. 16 Ounces Sour Cream
Ingredients For Topping:
  1. 1/2 Cup of Sugar
  2. 3 Teaspoons of Cinnamon ( more or less, depends on your taste)
You will need:
  1. Electric Mixer
  2. Large Bowl
  3. 1 Bundt pan or two loaf pans (greased)
  4. Toothpick (for doneness test)
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Mix butter and sugar with mixer until blended
  3. Add eggs and mix until blended
  4. Add vanilla and mix until blended
  5. Add two cups of flour and mix until blended (on low or you will have flour flying)
  6. Add 1/2 the sour cream and mix until blended
  7. Add baking soda and mix until blended
  8. Add baking powder and mix until blended
  9. Add the rest of the flour and sour cream
  10. Mix until blended ( start on low or flour will fly)
  11. Pour half of the batter into the pan
  12. Sprinkle some of the topping over it
  13. Pour the rest of the batter on top
  14. Sprinkle more topping.
  15. Bake for 50 – 60 minutes until toothpick comes out clean
  16. Allow to cool for 15 minutes and remove from pan

Shop @ Amazon with Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen & Help People In Need

Shop @ Cafe Press with Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen & Help People In Need

Shop @ AllPosters.com with Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen & Help People In Need


Fifty Percent (50%) of all revenue of any product purchased through
Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen goes to help feed needy families in Israel. The funds are donated directly to the needy families - regardless of religion, race or creed. The remaining 50% will be donated to a Rape Crises Center for Women in Israel. (For a full explanation please read this.)

No ratings are given for entries into Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen - The Great Cake Recipe Contest

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baking Powder

Shrek Cookbook - Book Review

How It All Began...