Hamburger With Cabbage & Tomato Sauce

When I saw this recipe in my inbox I started laughing, as I was in the middle of making a different type of Hamburger Recipe (and I will explain it all in the next post.) For the time being it seems our Insane Cook, Paula, was in the kitchen this weekend.

Hamburger With Cabbage & Tomato Sauce

Ingredients:
  1. 3-4 Pounds Ground Beef
  2. 1/2 Head of Cabbage, chopped up
  3. 2 Cans Tomato Soup or 2 Cups Tomato Sauce (leftover Marinara works well)
  4. 2 Cloves Garlic
  5. 1 Bunch Scallions
  6. 1 Cup Mushrooms (diced, and optional)
  7. 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
You will need:
  1. 1 Skillet
  2. 1 Baking dish
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Heat oil in skillet on medium heat
  3. Add Garlic and Scallions and sauté until tender
  4. Add Ground Beef, cook until browned
  5. Pour Tomato sauce over beef and simmer for 10 minutes
  6. In baking dish, layer the bottom with 1/2 of the ground beef mixture
  7. Add the cabbage and mushrooms
  8. Pour the rest of the beef mixture over the cabbage
  9. Bake for 2 hours

This is no more than a two if that much on difficulty. As I said I am going to follow this recipe with my own Hamburger recipe - which is actually a post to kick off Passover and explain a bit about the holiday. An easy meal from Paula. Miracles do happen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baking Powder

Shrek Cookbook - Book Review

How It All Began...