Paula writes about this submission of Graham Cracker Brownies (and we are going to hold her to the picture promise!):
I promise a picture to follow this recipe in a few days. These are a nice alternative to the usual chocolate brownie. I cut them into small squares, place them in small papers and place on a tray when I take them to a party or function.
Paula kept her promise!
You will need:
- A large bowl
- Wooden Spoon
- 9 x 13 Baking Pan (Greased
- 2 Sticks Margarine (Melted)
- 3 Cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1 1/2 Cups Chopped Nuts ( I use Walnuts, Almonds or Pecans)
- 2 1/2 Cups Shredded Coconut
- 2 Cans Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 Cups Chocolate Morsels
- 2 Cups of Peanut Butter or Butterscotch Chips
I sometimes omit the chocolate morsels and use peanut butter and butterscotch. You may also leave out the nuts.
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- Mix All ingredients together and mix well.
- Pour into greased pan
- Bake for 40 - 45 minutes
- Let set and cool for a few hours and cut into squares.
Fifty Percent (50%) of all revenue of any product purchased through Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen goes to help feed needy families in Israel. The funds are donated directly to the needy families - regardless of religion, race or creed. The remaining 50% will be donated to a Rape Crises Center for Women in Israel. (For a full explanation please read this.)
Despite the fact that there is baking, ovens and timing involved here - give this a one for difficulty. NO! I am not getting soft in my old age! Just that it is really simple to make and a favorite of a great many people. This is one of those make, bake and forget recipes cause it is really simple.