Shop @ Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen"s Amazon Store

Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen Amazon Store

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Graham Cracker Brownies

Paula writes about this submission of Graham Cracker Brownies (and we are going to hold her to the picture promise!):

I promise a picture to follow this recipe in a few days. These are a nice alternative to the usual chocolate brownie. I cut them into small squares, place them in small papers and place on a tray when I take them to a party or function.

Graham Cracker Brownies

Paula kept her promise!

Graham Cracker Brownies - Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen

You will need:
  1. A large bowl
  2. Wooden Spoon
  3. 9 x 13 Baking Pan (Greased
Ingredients:
  1. 2 Sticks Margarine (Melted)
  2. 3 Cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
  3. 1 1/2 Cups Chopped Nuts ( I use Walnuts, Almonds or Pecans)
  4. 2 1/2 Cups Shredded Coconut
  5. 2 Cans Sweetened Condensed Milk
  6. 2 Cups Chocolate Morsels
  7. 2 Cups of Peanut Butter or Butterscotch Chips
Variations:

I sometimes omit the chocolate morsels and use peanut butter and butterscotch. You may also leave out the nuts.

Directions:
  1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
  2. Mix All ingredients together and mix well.
  3. Pour into greased pan
  4. Bake for 40 - 45 minutes
  5. Let set and cool for a few hours and cut into squares.

Graham Cracker Brownies - Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen

Shop @ Amazon with Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen & Help People In Need

Shop @ Cafe Press with Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen & Help People In Need

Shop @ AllPosters.com with Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen & Help People In Need


Fifty Percent (50%) of all revenue of any product purchased through
Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen goes to help feed needy families in Israel. The funds are donated directly to the needy families - regardless of religion, race or creed. The remaining 50% will be donated to a Rape Crises Center for Women in Israel. (For a full explanation please read this.)

Despite the fact that there is baking, ovens and timing involved here - give this a one for difficulty. NO! I am not getting soft in my old age! Just that it is really simple to make and a favorite of a great many people. This is one of those make, bake and forget recipes cause it is really simple.

4 Fire Comments - Click To Post A Comment:

Paula's Poetry said...

Finally, a one for difficulty on a baking recipe. I have achieved simplicity. Thank you very much.

Ted W. Gross said...

Just you wait till I post your next submitted recipe....
Hah..going to give it a five even if it is just tossing a salad!

:)

Paula's Poetry said...

Aw, will you accept a bribe of say a tray of these brownies? Shipped overnight via FedEx?

Deborah Dowd said...

At our house we call these Heaven Bars (when you taste you will know why!), and sometimes I add miniature marshmallows to the top as well. eervy time I make these they are snatched up immediately!