Salad Dressing Cake

The Great Cake Recipe Contest - Submission # 8

Beth (Shrugged) Writes:
I’m submitting this recipe on behalf of my mother. The following recipe was my grandmother’s. But my mother didn’t find it until after my grandmother had passed on. It takes a lot of work, most of it by hand, but the end result is surprisingly tasty. Don’t let the strange ingredient throw you off, this cake is moist and yummy. Enjoy!

Salad Dressing Cake

Tools - Utensils Required:
  1. 1 large bowl (for cake)
  2. 1 medium bowl
  3. 1 large spoon
  4. Measuring Spoons
  5. Measuring Cups
  6. 9x13” pan
  7. Electric Mixer
  8. Medium Saucepan
Ingredients:
  1. 2 cups flour
  2. 1 cup sugar
  3. 4 tablespoons cocoa
  4. 2 teaspoon baking soda
  5. pinch of salt
  6. 1 cup Miracle Whip™ type salad dressing
  7. 1 cup hot water
  8. 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease and flour 9x 13” pan.
3. Pour all ingredients into large bowl, in the above order.
4. Mix by hand with a large spoon.
5. Bake 25 to 30 min or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
6. Frost with white fluffy icing. (Can also be topped with standard whipped cream.)

Ingredients - White Fluffy Icing
  1. 1 egg white
  2. 1 cup white sugar
  3. ¾ cup milk
  4. ½ cup Crisco™ (or similar quality white shortening)
  5. ¼ cup butter or margarine
  6. 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions - White Fluffy Icing

1. Beat egg white until stiff.
2. Gradually beat in sugar.
3. In medium saucepan, heat milk until it scalds.
4. Immediately pour milk over sugar mixture. Allow to cool completely.
5. Beat in shortening, margarine and vanilla.
6. Beat mixture until thick (usually takes about 1/2 hour).
7. Frost cake and serve.

Shop @ Amazon with Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen & Help People In Need

Shop @ Cafe Press with Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen & Help People In Need

Shop @ AllPosters.com with Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen & Help People In Need


Fifty Percent (50%) of all revenue of any product purchased through
Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen goes to help feed needy families in Israel. The funds are donated directly to the needy families - regardless of religion, race or creed. The remaining 50% will be donated to a Rape Crises Center for Women in Israel. (For a full explanation please read this.)

No ratings are given for entries into Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen - The Great Cake Recipe Contest

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baking Powder

Shrek Cookbook - Book Review

How It All Began...