Oatmeal Muffins

Paula sent in this recipe today. (I should mention that she sent in pictures for two previous recipes. "Cranberry Muffins" & "Coconut Cake". Her oven works faster than her digital camera! Go figure!) The demon of the kitchen writes:
I love grains and use (sneak) them whenever possible in baked goods. These are a great treat for breakfast.
Oatmeal Muffins

Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen - Oatmeal Muffins

You will need:
  1. 1 Muffin tin (greased or use papers)
  2. 1 Large Bowl
  3. 1 Wooden Spoon
  4. 1 Pan (to cook oatmeal) or Microwave
  5. 1 Toothpick for "Done" test
Ingredients:
  1. 1 Cup Cooked Oatmeal ( as directed on container)
  2. 1 1/2 Cups Flour
  3. 1/4 Cup Molasses
  4. 3 Teaspoons Baking Powder
  5. 1/2 Cup Applesauce
  6. 1 Egg
  7. 1/4 Cup Soy Milk
Variations:
  1. Substitute Oat or Bran flour for white flour to keep this really healthy
  2. Substitute 3 Tablespoons of Sugar for Molasses
  3. Add 2 Teaspoons of Cinnamon
  4. Substitute 1/2 Cup Mashed Bananas for applesauce
  5. Add 3/4 Cup Diced Apples
  6. Substitute Milk for Soy Milk
Directions:
  1. Heat Oven to 350 Degrees
  2. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl until well blended.
  3. Make a well in the middle (by pushing mixture against side of bowl)
  4. Add Wet ingredients to the middle
  5. Mix with spoon until well blended
  6. Fill muffin tins 3/4 full and bake for 20-25 minutes
*If they will not be consumed within a day or two, freeze individually and thaw when needed.

Shop @ Amazon with Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen & Help People In Need

Shop @ Cafe Press with Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen & Help People In Need

Shop @ AllPosters.com with Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen & Help People In Need


Fifty Percent (50%) of all revenue of any product purchased through
Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen goes to help feed needy families in Israel. The funds are donated directly to the needy families - regardless of religion, race or creed. The remaining 50% will be donated to a Rape Crises Center for Women in Israel. (For a full explanation please read this.)

This does honestly, scouts honor!, deserve a three in difficulty - but we will give it a two! Not only do you have to bake (that gives it a two as usual) BUT sheesh...we have to make a "well" in the middle and push all the dry ingredients to the side and then add the wet ingrdients. For people with two left hands like me...oy vey! I can just imagine my kitchen after that feat! But seriously, this is really a healthy treat and interesting to say the least (of course this she sends in without a picture because I bet she has two left hands too!). As you may have noticed originally it is Parve, as the soy milk is not "real dairy" milk. But if you substitute real milk here, well it is a dairy dish.

Comments

The pictures will eventually catch up to the submissions. I am limited to being the Insane Cook on the weekends. However, I will provide a pic tomorrow for the Graham Cracker Brownies if only to make you drool and accept the bribe.

:)
Mel said…
I love also using grains other than wheat in my baking. I will defently give a try to this recipe this weekend. It'll be a nice change of pace. I'll be adding blueberries to the mix tho.

Thx!

Cassie's Kitchen

Popular posts from this blog

Baking Powder

Shrek Cookbook - Book Review

How It All Began...