Nancy sent in a couple of great chicken recipes. She Writes:
I know this is a very corny recipe, but it's fast and easy, once you get the system going and probably not too expensive, either. This makes about four servings, although my son Jake and I sometimes finish up the whole lot at one time. Shows you why I'm now on Weight Watchers.
- Cookie Sheet
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Chopping board
- Sharp Kitchen Knife
- Cooking Spray
- 1-gal. plastic resealable food-storage bag
- Aluminum Foil
- 3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (about 1 lb.), cut crosswise into 1/2" strips
- 2/3 cup Bisquick (or other brand) baking mix
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil (Kosher substitute for butter)
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line cookie sheet with foil & spray foil with cooking spray.
- In 1 gal. plastic bag, mix Bisquick mix, salt and paprika.
- Dip half the chicken strips into egg
- Place in bag of Bisquick mixture. Seal bag, then shake to coat.
- Place chicken on cookie sheet. Repeat to use up remaining chicken.
- Drizzle olive oil over chicken.
- Bake 12-14 min., turning halfway through bake time with pancake turner, until no longer pink in center.
Some preparation, though fairly easy. We leave this at a 3 stars as it does require planning and an oven. Nancy sent this one in with the addition of cheese, however, cheese being a milk product cannot be used with chicken (considered meat) in a Kosher kitchen.